Workplace Personal Assistance Services (WPAS)
(with both physical & clerical accountability)
About the Company
Synergy Tech provides tailored services to help companies optimize their internal best practices in order to minimize human errors and increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
Synergy Tech is looking for qualified candidates to join our team to work with a federal government agency located in downtown Washington, D.C. The resource will work with a pool of up to 10 federal employees who are in need of assisted services. Employees have varying needs; therefore, candidates are expected to be able to address a unique combination of requests including personal care, physical labor-oriented and clerical office duties.
This person should be prepared to work on-site in the downtown DC location full-time; shifts are 8 hours long and could start as earlier as 8.30AM and end as late as 5.30PM. Transportation to and from the worksite is needed. Please note: Headquarters is located downtown where parking is limited and not supplied by the employer. The location is easily accessible by metro lines. Business casual attire is required.
General Office Tasks
- Assist employee with day-to-day office tasks or requests. Examples include: copying and collating, retrieving dropped items/work materials that are out of reach, checking available conference rooms to assess whether there is adequate space to reasonably and comfortably accommodate the employee when attending meetings (and rearranging the conference room if needed), assembling and preparing documents and reports, filing and organizing, printing, typing, brailing, answering the telephone, conducting research on the internet, carrying items to and from meetings, taking notes, filling out forms, shredding, faxing and scanning documents, lifting, moving work materials/documents (not to exceed 10 lbs) and other adhoc admin tasks, as needed
- Assistant will be required to adhere to the agency guidelines for the proper handling of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Assistance with personal care related needs while on the job or on work-related travel. Examples include: removing and putting on clothing such as coats, hats, snow boots, scarves, etc., feeding and providing assistance to the employee accessing the restroom/using the lavatory
- Candidate should be able to lift/transfer a person (approx. 100 lbs)
- Assistance with building evacuation during evacuation/shelter-in-place drills and emergencies (per the evacuation process outlined by the respective agency/building)
- Training will be provided on evacuation procedures and equipment usage
- Assistance with reading and reviewing hard copy text and electronically displayed information, increasing the font of electronic documents in order for visually impaired employees to view documents with ease and articulately reading materials to the employee at a rate conducive for an employee to understand the documents and respond accordingly (for dictation purposes)
- All candidates will partake in a brief reading assessment
- Assistance in the use of computer technology, when appropriate
- Assistance with transportation/travel management (excluding driving) that could include overnight travel, showering and dressing employees while on travel, transferring employees from a wheelchair/scooter to a vehicle and retrieving personal items of the employee from luggage/purse/wallet. Limited travel up to 10%.
Company is looking for a resource in the DC-metro area. Applicants need to understand the importance of quality and care when dealing with persons in need of accommodations. Assistant will be required to attend a recurring status touch-point. High School Diploma or GED required with a minimum of 3 years of work experience. All candidates are subject to a background check.
- New resource will attend an on-boarding training to get acclimated with new role
- If needed, assistant will receive training on how to braille electronically
- Depending on the technology used, assistant will be trained accordingly by a certified Reasonable Accommodation Specialist on the use of the assistive technology used by the employee
- Training will be provided on safety precautions to execute during evacuations